Saturday, 17 September 2011

Day 79- Crediton to Sourton

Had so much sleep last was amazing!! This morning we were up and ready before 9 and to start the day we had to walk back up the little road that we’d walked down last night to find the campsite. From there it was then road walking again to Yeoford then all the way on to a place called Spreyton. On the way to Spreyton for a section we followed part of the alternative route for the Two Moors Way, and we crossed the actual Two Moors Way route which I thought was very exciting!!
In Spreyton we stopped and had a well deserved rest. Today has been pretty hot and we ended up having a lovely long lunch stop here lay on the grass in the sunshine. From here it was then a footpath section which made a nice change to road walking which we have been doing a lot of lately, but unsurprisingly, we got a bit lost. However, with the help of the map and compass we did eventually manage to find the sneaky, overgrown gate. This led us up to a farm but we couldn’t seem to find our way out. Two young girls were playing out in the garden so we said sorry and asked if they knew how we could get out and on to the road. They pointed us out and let us cut through their garden....I’m pretty sure we weren’t actually meant to be there, especially as at the end of the road we saw a sign that read 'private!' I don’t really understand where we went wrong because I couldn’t see where else the footpath could have been leading.
The next village we walked into was a little place called Sticklepath.Here we found a little village shop which was handy as we needed food for the next day.....The lady in the shop gave us 2 free ice pops and a free tomato!.....We love free food! From here we carried on past a field of cute alpacas and then eventually arrived on the old railway track which we then followed all the way to the campsite. From the track there was a really nice view up onto dartmoor and of meldon resevoir. Walking along here we we got a call from Mick and Gayle saying that they had arrived at the campsite and that they would walk along the track to meet us when they were all sorted. By now me and Sam were both feeling really tired and couldn't wait to sit down!
We met Mick and Gayle and then all walked back to the campsite together. It was really nice to see them and the thought of having a support car for the week was very exciting! On the way down Mick and Gayle had dropped into Torquay to give Jade back her stuff and she had given them a goody bag to give me which was full of my favs- chocolate digestives, baby plum tomatoes, chocolate and more! Such a nice surprise! 79.....was the first day i left something behind!! How annoying! I left my little hairbrush in the shower. Still, i think i did pretty well going this long without a loss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment